Friday, April 30, 2010

There's something about the sea & me....

One day, I gave myself the mission to create something beautiful that symbolizes a place of great significance to me; I chose the ocean, of course. I have always had a very strong connection to the sea and have been greatly influenced and intrigued by everything beneath the Water surface.

I chose to portray this relationship by creating a piece that not only resembled the creatures of the sea but their connection to me and my search of inner peace.

I present you the outcome:
The coral symbolises the ocean, the sea of life and the subconscious mind. The eel represents the Kundalini Snake, which in turn represents healing and transformation. The stones have been specifically placed upon the chakra points on the coral to show its spiritual significance as well as to show that it too is a living being. The colours of the stones are direct representations of the colours of the human chakras.


I think, mission achieved..... :)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

BEATIFULL SHE IS